This special hike allows participants to learn where and how asparagus is grown, what special qualities it has and of course to enjoy a number of delicious asparagus dishes.
- 9.30 am: Welcome reception at the main square in Terlan.
- While enjoying an aperitif and some asparagus appetizers ypu can learn how asparagus is cooked.
- Afterwords, you will step into the parish church of Terlan where you can admire the frescos dating back to the 14th and 15th century. They are masterpieces of the "Bozner Schule" (a group of local artists).
- In an asparagus restaurant you will be able to enjoy an asparagus soup while learning about the beginnings of asparagus cultivation in Terlan in the 19th century.
- Invigorated in body and mind you will hike to the asparagus fields between Terlan and Vilpian (approx. 5 km in total). There you can watch the local cultivators cutting the asparagus and learn about the cultivation of this delicious vegetable.
- Then you continue through the orchards to Vilpian where you can enjoy a delicious asparagus lunch followed by dessert.
- Afterwards the train takes you back to Terlan.
- The journey ends where the freshly harvested asparagus is delivered by the farmers: In the Winery Terlan. After being washed and sorted the asparagus from the Terlan area it is then sold under the name "Margarete".
- The grand finale of our asparagus excursion is the sampling of some classic wines from Terlan. And before we go home a small surprise present for all participants is waiting for you..
|Start:||9:30 a.m. meeting infront of Tourist Office Main Square Terlan|
|End:||around 04:30 p.m. at Winery Terlan|
|Dates:||7th, 21st, 25th and 28th april 2018 and 1st and 5th may 2018
|Price:||€ 85,00 per person|
|Information and booking:||Tourist Office, Terlan|
Phone: + 39 0471 257165
Individual programs and additional dates available for groups!